Friday, October 3, 2008

a blog post by any other name...

I couldn't think of a good title. I'm not a writer. So sue me.

Last night I played Susie Homemaker and canned some salsa and baked bread. I am amazing I know. Ok, I used the bread machine to make the bread dough. I love that thing. Best $12 I ever spent at the DI. The canned salsa turned out pretty good. Alann said it was spicy, so you know what that means. I will definitely be eating it mixed with sour cream. But it was a lot of fun and it is something I need to perfect anyway. All the jars sealed, which made me happy of course. We ended up with 2 quarts plus a pint of salsa and 2 loaves of bread.

This morning was our "anatomy scan" ultrasound. Our sonographer (I think that is her title, though that may refer to underwater, I'm not really sure) is really strange. She just talks a lot and makes the weirdest jokes. The doctor said my placenta is a little low, but it should move as my uterus expands. It just means we get another chance to look at the baby before she is born. It's nothing to worry about, yet. Otherwise, everything else looks good. She wouldn't hold still very long for measurements. She was just moving all over. I'm sure it had nothing to do with teh syrup on my french toast this morning. At my next appointment, I get to do the gestational diabetes test, where you drink a bottle of pink stuff and then they talk your blood. It's right at the early side, but the doctor didnt want to wait 2 months (for the following appointment) or make me come in just for that. I keep gaining weight even when I don't feel like I am eating that much. Obviously I am going to gain some weight, but it seems like a lot. The doctor hasn't been concerned yet, so I wont worry. I also got my flu shot, and my arm is a little sore, but it's good to know that it is taken care of. I have never actually had a flu shot, except maybe once, but it's a good idea when you are pregnant so you dont have complications that hurt the baby. At least that is what I am told.

Otherwise, we are looking forward to a not-at-all relaxing weekend involving general conference and my birthday. It will be fun, but a little busy.

1 comment:

Djs9pd said...

Little bit graphic on the placental details. Even though I'm a part of this birthing process, being third parent and all, I just don't want to know about that.

It's been 29 days since your last Tweet. What up with that chump?