Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Baby

Wow. I was looking through some facebook pics of Claire, and I just cant believe how much she is growing and changing all the time. I love it and hate it at the same time. I suppose most mommies (that seems like a strange plural) go through the same thing.
Claire learned how to grab her feet this past weekend. Most of the time she grabs her knees, but every once in a while one of those crazy feet gets in her hands. Maybe if she QUIT MOVING for two seconds, she would have better luck. She has also learned how to squeal. High pitched, shriek scream. She only did it once, at church, and I think it confused her. I'm sure she will do it again soon enough.
I've noticed that my interactions with her have changed a little. Now that she seems more aware of things around her, I find myself telling her "no" or "don't". Not like she understands it yet, but I guess it makes me feel better? I just thought it was interesting. The first time I told her not to do something, I caught myself and thought "hmm, a new phase in life". I think I was telling her not to eat her hands. Sucking on, ok- shoving down throat, SO NOT OKAY! Anyway, just a few parental impressions for you. I really need to go to bed now.

No comments: