Thursday, August 20, 2009

Grr and frustration

Who knew that a diaper could wreak so much havoc in one's life? I will never use huggies again. Ever. Anyone want a partly used package of 3s or 4s? Because I refuse to use them. I have had emergency diaper and pj changes TWICE in the last week. (In the middle of the night, btw.) (Have I mentioned how Claire has taken up screaming at the top of her lungs when she is changed? That's a wonderful sound at midnight.) The first time it happened, I thought it was just a fluke. Then a day or two later I went to refill the stash and realized that Alann had opened the package of 4s, instead of using the open package of 3s. So I thought that must have been the problem. I bought 4s because she was close to too big for the Target brand 3s. Then I got some 3s in Huggies as well because I'm like that. Then last night, about an hour after I went to bed, she wakes up screaming. I go in there, and she is soaking wet! (Like, did I even put a diaper on her wet? Did someone dump some water on her wet?) I pull off her pjs and take off the diaper. The diaper is bone dry. Somehow, she totally missed the diaper. I don't know what happened. If it was just the diaper leaking because it was full, I can deal with that, but when the diaper itself is dry, that is the end of the line. I don't know if they just aren't designed well for her body type or if it has been operator error, but I don't care. I'm going to have to go to Target and buy some of the other kind, because I know they fit and I know they work and I know that there is no operator error with them. (Also, the tab ripped off of a huggie. I've never had that happen with the Target brand. Why is the "cheap" brand working better than the "premium"?) She has become a super screamer wiggle worm during diaper changes, so no operator error becomes REALLY important. She wants to roll over and look around and play with things, not get her diaper changed.
I am just so frustrated with her sleeping right now. Between the diaper malfunctions and the late nights with family visiting and being WAY too distracted to eat properly (with the family visiting) we haven't slept well since last week sometime. I know things will go back to normal here shortly. I hope.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Bummer about the diaper issues. I guess just stick with what works. Not sleeping is a major pain. Hopefully when the family leaves and your schedule gets back to normal she will be back to sleeping well. If you really aren't going to use the Huggies 4's I will take them. That's what Davin is in.