Saturday, January 9, 2010

Baby news

We had our 20-week ultrasound on Weds. It seems like this pregnancy is just flying by. I guess it helps that I don't have to worry and wonder what it will be like every second, since I've done it before. I also have Claire to keep me busy. Everything looks good on the ultrasound. Baby has 2 legs and 2 arms and a head and a butt, so everything seems to be in order. We also found out it is a boy. I figured it would be, since I wanted a girl for ease of dealing with two so close together, but that's okay. Alann wanted a boy so we could be "done if we want to be". If the boy is anything like Claire, we just might be done because the two of them will run me ragged. So far, he isn't as active as Claire was. I'm feeling him more and more. He is measuring a little small- about a week smaller than he "should" but ultrasounds are iffy anyway. My doctor says that the earlier they are, the more accurate they are at predicting fetus age. So the one we had done at 13 weeks at our first appointment sets a more reliable due date than this one at 20 weeks that would possibly set him back a week. Not like it matters anyway. He will come when he is ready.

I'm a little apprehensive about having a boy. I'm sure once he is here it will be fine, but caring for the girl has been so easy. I guess it is fear of the unknown. I don't have brothers. I have no idea what young boys are like. That, and I don't know how much of the clothing we have is adaptable to a boy. Plus all the other concerns we have staring us in the face this year- selling the house, Alann finishing school, moving (or not- nobody knows), being totally unemployed. I made it to Christmas. My next obstacle is February- with Alann and Claire's bdays, then May. I'm just trying to take it one month at a time.

1 comment:

MommaKAS said...

BREATHE, sweetie! Everything works out as it should, since it is all in His hands. You have a GREAT husband, a wonderful daughter (and soon, too, a son), and a very supportive loving family. You will be okay, and all will be okay.