Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Life = crazy

I really hope when we move that I get a bit of a break and have no callings for a while. I am beat right now. I teach Relief Society on the second Sunday of the month and I am the first counselor in the Stake Young Women. We have been going going going in YW lately. We had our main girls camp the second week in July and now are getting ready for our smaller camp just for the Laurels (16-18 year olds). It is the first weekend of August. I feel like I've been running ragged trying to keep up with all the camp stuff, plus traveling, plus taking care of two babies, plus trying to keep the house in order, plus planning the move... It's enough to make a girl scream. And it's been hot. Ridiculously. It isn't even cooling off at night. Did my house secretly move back to Phoenix when I wasn't looking? Last night, I ran the swamp cooler from 4am-6am. The house never dropped below 75. It's been almost 80 inside all day. Outside feels cool by comparison. It's making me nuts. Add to the that the fact that Claire is teething and Alex is still sick and it's been nuts. Claire is working on her incisors (I think that's what they are called. The ones right in front of the molars). She cut one while we were visiting my family this last weekend. The others are bulging. She still hasn't cut her last bottom front tooth. I guess she is saving it for later?
After all the excitement of taking Alex to the ER two weekends ago for a fever, he is still sick. It still isn't a big deal, but it's annoying. When we went to Phoenix, he developed a cough/ chest congestion that sounds awful. Today he has been very cranky. He is otherwise doing well. He has figured out how to roll from his tummy to his back. He smiles a lot and is still a very mellow baby. He is sleeping more consistently through the night. He will sleep 8-9 hours at a stretch. Some nights I can time it right that he eats right before I go to bed and then I can sleep a good amount. Usually though, he eats at 7 or so and then goes to bed, so I am still getting up at night.

In other news, we visited Phoenix this last weekend. It was a lot of fun. I will have to post pictures soon, but I have lots of sewing to do for camp. So this will have to be a short post since my baby-free time is sadly in short supply. I have to say, one of the hardest parts about being a stay-at-home mom is the fact that it is so hard to have "me" time. When the kids are napping or in bed for the night, I have to make a decision- what am I going to do with the alone time? I would like to nap or sew or read or blog or sometimes just sit and veg, but unfortunately, that is the best time to do things like load the dishwasher (which Claire now likes to climb into) or sweep the floor without help (which to Claire means fling the pile of dirt everywhere) or unpack from a trip (been home 2 days, hasn't happened yet) or work on my church callings. At least if I worked at a job, I would have my lunch break. I miss my quiet little lunch breaks. Sigh. Anyway, time's a wasting. I don't want to be up until midnight again.


Shannon said...

8-9 hours from Alex?!? That's amazing. I hope this next baby is a good sleeper. :) I'm sorry things have been so hectic for you lately and yes, it has been super hot. By night time my house thermostat usually is around 85. Blah. Maybe after the Laurel camp church stuff will calm down, but then you'll be busy getting the house packed up and moving. Crazy. Maybe I'll talk to you again sometime before you move. :)

Teene said...

I like the look of your new blog :) Sorry to hear that Alex is still sickies. Happy for more of Claire's teeth coming in though :)