Monday, November 29, 2010

Alex is 6 months.

I couldn't let November get away without some kind of post. It's been a rather uneventful November.
Alex turned 6 months old. He is just growing like a weed. He's in 6-9 month clothes, but probably not for long. He is 17 pounds and 27 inches at his 6 month check up. He's trying valiantly to crawl. He army crawls quite well, and is starting to actually go places instead of just around in circles. He gets up on his hands and knees, but can't quite figure it out yet. I'm betting he will get it while we are visiting Grandma in Phoenix, since they will both be in disposables for the trip. He loves to hold cords. He will find a cord even if you don't think there are any out. He will just grab it and hold it. We are still nursing. It's in an easy swing again, so we are continuing. The hardest part is that he still gets up early in the morning to eat. I know he doesn't NEED to eat, but I haven't stopped him because I'm afraid of the supply issues. He has started waking at 6am instead of 3 most days, but that's also not a for sure thing. I figure when I wean him I'll also stop the night feedings. I've made it to 6 months though, so I don't feel bad about weaning him whenever it happens. I'm just trying to lengthen it out so that we don't have to buy as much formula. He does get usually one bottle a day.
He is a good eater though. He loves his food. That has been most helpful to me. He will eat an entire jar of baby food and a serving of oatmeal and have a full nursing session. He's a chunker.
It's funny to think of how much he has grown, even just since we have been here in MO. When we moved here, he couldn't even sit up. Now he sits, he crawls, he tries to stand. He blabbers and wants actual things. He's becoming a little person, that's for sure.(I've also decided that if I take pictures of Claire, I HAVE to take pictures of Alex to balance it out. I have so many of her and so few of him. It's sad.)


Unfortunately, we have all been sick for going on three weeks. I'm hoping it will clear up this week so we aren't sick in Phoenix. Alex has a cough and is at the honking goose stage of his cold. Poor little guy sounds so sad. His nose is more stuffy than runny. Claire has the nose faucet. It's never ending. But she is eating again (and making up for the days that she didn't eat!) and more like her normal self. She has a nasty sounding cough. And I've just been sort of under the weather. But hopefully we will be doing better soon.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Sorry you guys have all been sick. It gets so annoying, especially when it drags like that. I can't believe what a big boy Alex is! It seems like he was still just a newborn when you guys left. Hope you have a fun trip to Phoenix!