Friday, March 2, 2012

The best brownies ever!

Okay, so I really like Alton Brown's Brownie recipe, but it's a bit more involved than most brownie recipes. When I make his recipe, I usually use my silicon baking cups and make little brownie bites out of them. They are deliciously chewy and crusty and moist and yummy. But I also really like Ghiradelli's brownie mix. One time, I noticed a recipe on the back of the box. I neglected to remove said recipe, but I think I have remembered/recreated it enough that it is super delicious anyway. I think it was called "seven layer brownies" or something like that. Anyway, here's the recipe.

1 box brownie mix
1/2 c butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk
toppings- coconut, nuts, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, heath bars, pretty much whatever sweet thing you want

Melt the butter and put it in a 9x13 glass pan. Spray the sides of the pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle the brownie mix over the top. You can mix the butter and brownie together but it won't all mix in. I usually do mix it just to avoid dry lumps at the bottom of the pan.
Put on whatever toppings you like. Coconut is pretty much the only one that is really necessary. At least in my opinion.
Pour the can of milk over the whole thing. Try to get it even but don't stress. Make sure you get near the edges or they will be dry.
Bake for 40-45 minutes at 325 degrees. The brownie will be fudge-like and the milk will turn into caramel. Too long and it will dry. So watch it.

These freeze amazingly well, so you don't have to eat the whole pan at once. But you could if you wanted. I won't judge.

No comments: