Monday, April 30, 2012

Just blah

I feel like I've been complaining too much lately (at least on Facebook). But I've really been having a hard time, and this is my place to complain. Part of it is the weather- hot, cold, hot, cold, windy, rainy. Some days are really nice and then the next it's either humid and hot or cold and rainy. It's messing with my head for sure. Plus my allergies have been acting up and nothing works, so I can't taste anything or smell anything and sometimes can't even hear. On top of that is the feeling like I'm about to pop and knowing I have 7 more weeks of torture. Then feeling guilty because I really don't like being pregnant even though I really wanted to be pregnant and I have relatively easy pregnancies and have nothing to really even complain about. As far as symptoms go, my feet are sore and puffy. I have heartburn or upset stomach most nights. Oh, and I feel ginormous. And the baby has had hiccups a LOT lately, which is annoying. But otherwise, can't complain.
But today was just rough. I didn't sleep last night. Just as I started to drift off at 2am, a storm rolled through and I listened to the thunder for an hour and then the rain for an hour. I finally fell asleep around 4am only to be awakened at 6:30 by Alex. Who was wet, and insistent. He is VERY demanding lately. He wanted out of his room, out of his wet clothes, didn't want to lay in bed with me. He wanted to go downstairs. So we came downstairs and I slept on the couch while he watched TV. I only got another hour or so of on and off sleep before Claire got up. Then the kids were just crazy all morning- fighting over everything, picking on each other, generally annoying me. And it was still pouring rain and cloudy, so we couldn't even go outside.
The day just wore on with lots of work, lots of laundry, lots of fighting. I caught a short nap while Alex napped and Claire watched Dora. Or Super Why. Or something. I don't really know. And then Claire was supposed to have her first tee ball practice today, but thanks to that storm, the fields were closed so it's being rescheduled to who knows when. I hadn't told her that she had practice, especially when the storm rolled in yesterday morning. I knew there was a chance it would get rained out, so I didn't want her to be too disappointed. We went outside after dinner and jumped in puddles instead.
The worst part of my day was finding out that the man I would call Dad and depend on more than my real dad was activated and sent to Afghanistan. I am not a military kid. I am not cut out to be a military person in any way, shape, or form. I'm lucky that my husband is the same way and considers military duty to be an absolute last option. I support those who can do that life, but I just can't. So I've had a hard time processing this. I don't know how long he has known. I'm out of the loop for sure. Comes with living out of state. But it's still distressing to me, to think about Veda and Angelique and what they are going through and the other kids who are grown and out for the most part. I'm also a little shocked just because I didn't realize he was still a reservist, or that they would still want guys that age. He isn't elderly by any means, but he isn't a spry young guy either.
And then, to top it all off, I was working on Alex's rag quilt. I've realized yet again that I hate quilting and why do I make myself do it? But I finally got it all sewn together last night and tonight I was cutting the seams to make it fray. And my scissors broke. The two handles just came apart in my hand. Basically the screw holding them together stripped out. I tried to put it back in, but it won't hold. I'm very sad. These were my good scissors too. They weren't cheap. They were my favorite. And now they are broken. Alann will fix them if he can. Until then...I don't know. So I'm just going to go to bed. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Otherwise, the kids have been doing well. Alex is starting to string words together into half-sentences. Claire is starting to really explode in her vocab. She picks up EVERYTHING you say lately. She tells some pretty awesome stories. And she loves to sing. She started singing "Child of God" this week. She's a good kid, just active. She tires me out. I really hope her sister is like Alex and not like her. So far, this pregnancy has been very similar to Claire's. I just hope the outcome isn't the same. I don't know that I can handle two mile-a-minute kids.

No comments: