Saturday, February 2, 2008

Baby got back- acoustic style

My friend Ian showed us this video of the song "baby got back" by Sir Mix-A-Lot, only it is an acoustic cover by one "Jonathan Coulton". Here is the link. It is hilarious.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gW6yQZyx5w
Now, I think it is a prerequisite that everyone in my generation knows this song, front to back, all the lyrics, can pick up at any point. I know all the words. I personally enjoy this song. I think that it is rather freeing for women. Some people say that it is totally sexist. I just don't agree. Why is it sexist for someone to say that they like real women, not all those skinny chicks doing ads? Anyway, having known all the words to the song for many years, I never realized what the background words are. They are "LA face with an oakland booty". Now, every time I hear this song, I can't help but think about this parody. And I laugh. Since I am usually in my car, other people laugh at me when they see me.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Thanks for saying you like this song too! I have always been a closet fan. I love dancing to it and think its really pretty hilarious. I've seen the video of course. :) Thanks for keeping my hubby busy while I've been gone.