Friday, October 17, 2008

Oh no, I believe you.


I completely believe you doggie. We had a lovely early morning wake up today. The dogs went out at about 4:30, and just as they were coming in the door, Devil cat bolted. She had been all lovey and needy up until that point. Then, gone. I tried to catch her, but I'm not so spry these days. And she runs fast when she wants to. So I told Alann, and he went outside to try to get her. I tried to pretend I didn't care and laid back down, but I didn't really want her to be gone. So then Alann came back in and we went out back. She always goes from the front yard to the back yard for some reason. We managed to herd her/ catch her and bring her in. Of course after running around like that, we were both awake. Alann watched Clifford the big red dog on TV and I just kind of snoozed on the couch. So yeah, I believe you doggie. Don't worry.

In other news, I uncovered my tomatoes because it is supposed to be 70 today! Yay! I found 9 large, mostly ripe ones, most of which had fallen on the ground. I want to go out there again tonight and pick the rest. I don't know quite what to do with them. I can make spaghetti sauce, stewed tomatoes, salsa, pizza sauce. They are so beautiful, I could just...well no, I couldn't eat them. Not raw. Ick. But they are so pretty. They make me want to like them. The peppers didn't fare so well. Most of the little ones have frostbite and the plants are thirsty. I gave them some water this morning, so maybe they will perk back up for the "unseasonably hot" weather we are supposed to be having. I hate how the media always makes everything seem awful. From the weather to the stock market, all you hear is "really really hot this weekend" (in the 70s this weekend) to "the market is plummeting!" (said in the big deep DOOM IS COMING voice). Maybe if you media type folk would put a positive spin on things, or at least use less sensational adjectives, the world wouldn't be so negative all the time. Sheesh. Why can't we enjoy the 70s without being made to feel like it is wrong? I know I will be enjoying it. Yes, the stock market has dropped, a lot. Yes, a lot of people have lost lots of money in their retirement funds. Me too, and I didn't have much to start with. But maybe, just maybe, people wouldn't have panicked if the media hadn't used such strong words. I listen to news radio in the morning and on the way home, and on the "bad market" days, that was all they talked about, every 5 minutes it seemed they were doing an update. "The market is now down 50 points!" "The market is now down 500 points!!!" "The market has plummeted by 7 million points!!?!?!?!?!?%K#@$@%^" Ok, I made that last one up, but that is the way they sounded. People need to be informed, but not panicked. We will now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

Otherwise, things are going good.

No comments: