Thursday, March 19, 2009

Upheaval in Kearns

So, if you haven't heard yet, I was downsized yesterday. It had nothing to do with my personal performance, they just can't afford to have an office manager anymore. I was a little upset, and a lot surprised, but I'm ok. Things will work out fine. It means we don't need day care for a while and I don't have to go to work on Monday. Can't argue with that right? The Lord answers prayers in mysterious and often strange ways. And really, it couldn't have happened at a better time. We were hoping to find a way for me to stay home sooner rather than later. This was still a little sooner than we had planned, but we will be ok. I'll be applying for unemployment and looking for a job. I can always try to go back to the post office, though they might not be hiring either. I saw a sign for them not too long ago though, so they may be hiring. Though nothing really needs to happen until May. We are set until then.

Otherwise, my little girl is already 5 weeks old. Wow. It seems unreal.
You can't tell in pictures, but her hair is really lightening up. She is also losing a lot of the hair from the front of her head, but the long hair seems safe. It's just the short stuff that is leaving. This is her cute ducky sleeper that Grandma or Aunty Teene bought her. (I don't remember which.)


Here she is in her pink gangsta outfit. At least that's what it reminds me of with that hat and everything the same color. Alann dressed her this day. He picks...interesting outfits. But I love the help he is. Look, he even changes diapers:

And Claire wore this to church a few weeks ago. She is such a wiggler.

She has been super fussy last night and today. Last night it took almost two hours for her to go to sleep. And no, I didn't let her cry in her crib for two hours. What kind of heartless mother do you think I am? But I started trying to put her down at 7, and she finally stayed down at 9, after another feeding, a diaper change, a couple of stories, and countless voyages in to put the binky back in her mouth. Sounds like a toddler who doesn't want to go to sleep. Some days she is just like that. Today, she seems to have an upset tummy. She has been spitting up a lot. Even at her mid-night feeding last night, she spit up a lot, which is unusual. That is usually the smoothest meal. She usually spits up only in the morning, which is nice and predictable. Ok, she spits up almost every feeding, but a significant amount is unusual. But today she has not been a happy baby. Maybe my emotional upset yesterday upset her a little bit. That's understandable. Or maybe I ate something that didn't agree with her. Oh well, she will settle down I'm sure.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I love all the pictures! She really is so adorable. I'm so sorry about yesterday. I was shocked too, but hopefully you will look back on this sooner rather than later and see it as a huge blessing. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Yes, God works in ways we often don't understand, particularly at the moment (hindsight is often clearer to us). And, yes, your emotional state and the foods you eat will affect her (it does affect your milk). I remember my babies getting upset tummies, too, when my emotions were out of whack. As for the sleeping, if she doesn't settle down for you soon, you might just have to let her cry a little. The little darlings can be far more clever about manipulating us than we like to give them credit for. :-) Love you!
P.S. Grandma J asks that you give her lovely great-granddaughter, Claire, a special hug and kiss for her.

Steph said...

I can't believe she is already 5 weeks! Time flies!I'm sorry to hear about your job, but at least you get to stay home with Claire. Danny and I are thinking of you guys!