Monday, April 6, 2009

Blessings

Sometimes, it's hard to be happy and enjoying life when baby is sick, or sad, or crying for no apparent reason all day long. But I am happy, and I am grateful for her. So it's helpful to think of reasons that I am grateful for her. So that even when she is screaming bloody murder in my ear, I can remember that she is indeed precious.

I am grateful:
-for her smile. It's just so darn cute.
- she is a relatively easy baby 90% of the time.
- she doesn't scream and cry a whole lot.
- she is a good regular eater, so I don't have to worry.
- she is strong and active. She is a wiggle worm, which gets tiring, but at least she isn't a wet noodle baby.
- she is tolerant of my faults and ineptitude at times.
- she loves me and will calm down if I hold her, usually anyway.
- for her morning nap!!! It is the most consistent nap of the day. Every day has one. So I have a chance to get myself fed and dressed and tend to other things that are easier without a baby.
- that she sleeps so well at night. She sleeps about 7-8 hours during the first stretch, then wants to eat, and then sleeps for another 4-5 hours, then gets up for an hour, and then takes her morning nap. It's great. As long as I go to bed on time, I can get a decent amount of sleep.

I think she is starting to wake. So I best get myself in order.




This is what we saw of her most of the weekend. Poor thing has some nasty diaper rash. It's clearing up now, and she is MUCH happier.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Way to have a good attitude. She really is darling. I love all her beautiful hair and those big eyes. It was fun having you guys over this weekend. We haven't all hung out in awhile.

Djs9pd said...

That's why I've always said, my baby is going au-naturale. No diapers in the story household. You poop in the yard until you learn not to pee on the seat

MomKAS said...

Regarding Media Whores' comment - au-naturale works WONDERS, especially when baby has diaper rash. My cloth-diapered little ones all did "nothing but air" any time a rash ruined the party (and with each of their different allergies to the foods I ate, rashes happened).