Monday, May 21, 2012

Alex's checkup

Alex had his 2 year old check up today. He had his last weigh-in on the baby scale, which I'm glad for, because he weighed 28 pounds (60%). He also had his last length measurement, at 36". That is the last number on their baby scale. He is in the 90% for height. I thought he had grown some lately, and apparently he had. We finally put up our height measuring chart on the wall, and recorded the kids' heights at the beginning of April. I checked him over the weekend, and according to our chart, he had grown 3/4" in about 6 weeks. I wasn't too sure about the accuracy of our measurement, but it matches what the nurse got.

 The doctor also told me that if you take his 2 year old height, you can double it and be pretty close to his adult height. So 3' x 2 would be 6' tall. Yup, not surprised. He also impressed all the nurses and the doctor by being in his big boy undies. They were all surprised. I just told them "he wanted to potty train. I didn't push it", which is true. Then once the doctor came in he got all shy and sat on my lap with his face away from the doctor the whole time. He didn't really want her to touch him or talk to him. But he was cooperative nonetheless. She mentioned an "innocent" heart murmur- like Claire has had on and off.  He ended up getting one shot, and he didn't even cry about it. He was very concerned about getting his sucker. Claire told him if he was good at the doctor he would get a sucker, so that's what he kept asking about all morning. He did earn his sucker.

It was a pretty fast and painless appointment. Claire was more obnoxious than anything else because she kept trying to climb in my lap and get my attention. I can only imagine how difficult it will be with the three of them. Yikes. We will have to devise some sort of doctor's office rules/distraction so I can actually talk to the doctor. Not sure how that is going to work out.

No comments: