Saturday, January 12, 2013

Disneyland

It's hard to sum up Disneyland in just a few words, but I'll try. We went with Grandma, Grandpa, Brooklyn and Aunt Sarah. Uncle Craig found us later when he was done working. We saw: Mickey, Minnie, Aurora's castle (which scared Alex). We did: Carousel, dumbo, Casey's train, lunch, ear hats, feed baby, storybook boat ride, princesses. We met aurora, tiana, and jasmine. Just after we got through, the princesses changed and of course snow white comes out, who is Claire's favorite. Claire wanted to wait again. We discouraged that (it was at least 20 minutes wait) and she forgot about it.
We did small world and then alann and I got some mommy daddy time. We rode space mountain and Matterhorn while the kids did toon town with Grandma and Grandpa.
Next came Buzz light year ride, jungle cruise, Winnie the pooh ride. Claire did snow white's scary adventure with grandma and grandpa while Alex came with me and alann to shop a bit.
It was a great day. My favorite and most gratifying part was when Claire asked me "can we go on the dumbo ride? Do we have tickets?" I told her "we don't need tickets today. We can do anything you want to." She said "really?!?" The joy on her face was totally worth everything. (To explain that doing things cost money, I usually tell her that we have to have tickets to go on the carousel or train especially at the zoo.)
By the end of the day, Alex was very tired and cold. Claire was very tired and disobedient. I asked her to stop messing with her mickey suckers and she gave me the death glare. We just laughed. And Elizabeth was also very tired. On the drive home, the kids asked for the tablets. So grandma gave Claire her kindle and Alex got my tablet. I look over and Alex has fallen asleep mid-puzzle. I laugh and alann says "wouldn't it be funny if Claire fell asleep too?" I look behind me and Claire is totally out too. When we get home, we took the kids inside and Claire did not wake up at all. We were able to put her diaper on without her waking. Alex was a little more trouble. He didn't really wake up, but he woke up enough to start crying. We finally got him changed and in bed. They slept all night without waking up.
Disneyland was a lot of fun. We really enjoyed it. I wasn't sure about going because the kids were so young, but they had a great time.

No comments: